Friday, February 3, 2012

ColourQ #122 For My Valentine

 Hi all!  I was inspired by ColourQ's challenge #122 colors (Basic Black, Real Red, Regal Rose, Kraft, White) to get my husband's valentine card done.  Perfect time to do it since he's out of town at the moment (back tomorrow though!).  I love these colors--I'm a traditional girl at heart (sorry for the pun) when it comes to colors for Valentine's Day.  You don't get a chance to go crazy with these colors but once a year.  Since I incorporated one of those cool offset banners I learned about on PTI's Make It Monday #51, I'll submit the card for that challenge as well.  So, here is my card:


The heart was die cut from kraft card stock using Spellbinders' Hearts dies, and white lace and black beaded trim was adhered around the outside of the cut using Glossy Accents.  The inside heart was also die cut, in a larger size, from watercolor paper that had been stamped with a flourish from PTI's Fancy Flourishes using Regal Rose craft ink, then clear-embossed, then sponged with Tim Holtz Barn Door distress ink.  The red heart was adhered inside the card behind the die cut on the front.  The sentiment panel was designed using a French curve (yeah, one of those old-fashioned templates!) and hand-cut, then stamped with the sentiment from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages.  The arrow was die cut from glossy black card stock using the rod die from Spellbinders Charms & Rod set, then one end was trimmed with scissors to an arrow shape.  

It was fun to make!

That's all from me today--have a nice day!

Cyndie


8 comments:

  1. So very pretty, Cyndie, love the window and the trim! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh I love this and I did not know it was a window card until I saw the next picture. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cyndie, I love not only the cut out but what is inside the cut out--inside. Great choice of ways to use the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful Cyndie. The red heart looks so rich and the diecut border really sets it off. I am sure your husband will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's going to LOVE this one Cyndie! Your sweet little white trim (one of my FAVES!) and the black beading are added flawlessly...WOW!!! Love the pretty flourished heart in the cut out. Super card! This combo took me awhile...sheesh! Hope to have mine posted later today! Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Fabulous card! You did an amazing job altering the arrow and adding the gorgeous embellishments to the die cut heart! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!