Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Make It Monday 52 and ColourQ 123

 Greetings all!  For this week's Make It Monday (double-sided stamped die cut) I am stepping outside the box a little bit by making a tag.  Also couldn't resist using this gorgeous color combination from this week's ColourQ123 challenge.  To dress up the simple tag I also added some dyed silk ribbon and beads--I kinda like how it came out:


(How do you like my prop assistant?)  I used PTI's Mat Stack 2 die and stamp collection, as well as the Butterfly Dreams set (stamped then cut out the smallest butterfly).  I didn't have the exact challenge colors but I used SU Regal Rose and Groovy Guava (retired).  The beads were strung onto 1/8" silk ribbon that had been dyed with Copic marker, and secured with crimp beads onto small jump rings.  Here are some additional photos including a view of the flip side:

Closeup
Back side of tag

Closeup of beaded trim

Well, that's all for now but I will definitely be back later today with my entry for PTI's 5th anniversary celebration--be sure to check back!

Cyndie




6 comments:

  1. Well your prop assistant is dazzling! Very pretty tag, the colors look great and the beading is SO PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, Cyndie, I would not want to give it away! Love all the beads and ribbon you added to dress it up. Thanks so much for joining us again this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous tag Cyndie, I love how you created the beading. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very striking project...a unique way to use the challenge colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER COOL Cyndie! LOVE this fun project, it incorporates the colors so well! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!