Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary Day 4

 Hello everybody!  As promised I'm back today (here is my earlier card) with a card for the Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary Day 4 challenge--a color challenge.  I chose Lisa Johnson's favorite palette for my card, although I did substitute a dark brown for the kraft to get more contrast:


I've always loved this PTI set (Wonderfully Whimsical) and I don't use it nearly enough.  I stamped the image (SU Chocolate Chip) on a Mat Stack 2 die cut, colored the image with Copic markers, then mounted it on a Mat Stack 2 Layerz die cut (SU Chocolate Chip) that I trimmed with pinking shears in the round area.  This was mounted on pop dots then on an Aqua Mist die cut (Spellbinders Pinking Circles Small) which I stamped with phrases from the PTI set Simple Sunflower by mounting them on the acrylic block in a curved shape.  The card background (PTI Spring Moss) was stamped in Versamark with the tree from Wonderfully Whimsical, then Chocolate Chip cardstock, Happy Spots patterned paper (for you, Lisa!), and vintage mini rickrack and tiny red buttons were added.

This is not a color palette I would normally have chosen but I really like how it came out.  It's good to stretch yourself sometimes.

Thanks for looking!

Cyndie



5 comments:

  1. Cyndie, I really like the way you've laid out this card! And you've made me want to buy the die as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cyndie, your focal point is so so fun. You are certainly selling me on Mat Stack 2 the way you have been using it lately. It is the only one I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the stamps on the Mat Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Cyndie this is spectacular! Love it to bits and bits!! Can't believe we chose the same color combo too!! Great minds think alike ~ hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog just now, when Tracey McNeely passed the Liebster blog to you, and I just wanted to tell you what a fabulous card this is. I love this little set, too, and don't have nearly enough ideas for it, so I am pinning this one to try. Love it on the Mat Stack 2.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!