Thursday, February 9, 2012

Papertrey Ink 5th Anniversary - Day 5

 Hi Folks!  Back again with my latest entry to PTI's ongoing 5th anniversary challenges.  This time we are to create a project inspired by an item in Pinterest.  I'm not a member but it looks like you don't have to be to get inspiration.  For my card I chose this woodburned image on Pinterest.  My project also features woodburning:


To do this I stamped a frame image from PTI's Mat Stack 2 Collection on a die cut (Spellbinders Petite Ovals) piece of maple wood veneer using SU Creamy Caramel.  I wanted the image to be barely visible on the wood so the burning could be seen.  Then I carefully burned the image into the wood using a fine point woodburning tool.  A closeup of the wood plaque can be seen here:


The rest of the card is pretty straightforware (read:  boring!) because I needed to keep it simple as this card is intended for my husband's birthday--he's a wood nut so I think he will appreciate the woodwork in this card.  The patterned paper came from DCWV's Nana's Kitchen stack, and the solid card stock is from PTI's variety pack (not sure of the color name).  The ribbon came from my vintage stash.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



3 comments:

  1. Look who's talking about endless abilities! SHAZAM Cyndie your little wood piece is stunning! Your husband is going to treasure this piece. And tha vintage ribbon is really really pretty. SUPER WORK ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow Cyndie, you are a crafty genius. You completely blow me away with your ability to try just about anything and do it with success. Your husband is going to be so thrilled with this thoughtful piece. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wood piece looks fabulous! great card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!