Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Thank You, and CR84FN49 and JAI106

 Holy cow!  I seem to have been caught in a Liebster-storm!  Thank you everyone for either awarding me or mentioning me on your blog--it is very much appreciated!

I also want to thank JustRite stamps for the prize they sent me (I chose Botanical Butterflies) when I won honorable mention in a recent challenge.  I absolutely love the set and have used it to create this card, which uses the colors of CR84FN49 and the sketch of JAI106 (Just Add Ink):


Here are the supplies used for the card:

Stamps:  Botanical Butterflies from JustRite
Paper:  Canson watercolor paper, kraft colored handmade mulberry paper
Inks:  black craft, Tim Holtz distress inks (Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint)
Other:  paper flowers and half pearls from Recollections (Michaels brand), grey satin ribbon from SU, yellow fiber from EK Success, Copic markers, clear embossing powder, water spray containing PearlEX pearl powder, dimensionals, Glossy Accents, brown Prismacolor pencil.

The flowers and butterflies were watercolored using the distress inks diluted with the pearlized spray.  I tried to capture the pearlized painting with a closeup but it is hard to see:


The patterned paper for the center panel was created using the floral sprig in the stamp set, on watercolor paper.  The little paper flowers were twisted a little to give them dimension, and little lines added with brown Prismacolor pencil to help them match the stamped flowers.

That's all for now--thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

Cyndie



11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Cyndie! This is such a pretty stamp set. Love the circle with the flowers and sentiment. Your coloring of the butterflies is superb. And I love the attention to detail you've given the little paper flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cyndie, amazing vintage vibe and that yellow fibre running down the centre is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Cyndie! What a beautiful card! Those little yellow flowers are so dainty and I love the gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! I love the circle with the text background and beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie, LOVE the popped up butterflies! Such a PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! This is beautiful! I love that butterfly set. I just got it the other day. You did an amazing job with the colors this week. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats on your honorable mention, Cyndie! How great that you won a stamp set, and used it right away. Love the dimension in your card! The yellow fiber especially goes so well with the butterfly theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those flowers and that butterfly!Im adding this stamp set to my list. The yellow trim is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! this is just BEAUTIFUL!! 8-) Love the pretty little flowers and the Lovely Butterflies too! Just Wonderful images! Love your take on the sketch and Great job with the colors too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning, Cyndie! congrats on winning such beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one lovely card. Love the butterfly almost ready to fly off the card! Very nice 3-d effect! Yellow and grey colors are so popular so your card really catches the eye. Love the yellow fiber - that is so cool. I've never seen that product before!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog Cyndi...made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!