Saturday, February 25, 2012

Two Challenges

 Greetings all!  I'm finally ready to do some challenges (I promised myself that I would not do anything in the craft room until I finished the taxes, so this is my reward).  I'm combining two challenges with this card:  Play Date Cafe PDCC120 (Baby Blue, Orangesicle, Basil) and PTI's Make It Monday #54 (Glittered Buttons).  I especially wanted to try the glittered buttons because I got this cool new material at a local stamp store and just HAD to try it out.  It's called Art Parts Clearly For Art Whiteout modeling film--you can heat it to distort it to any shape and it doesn't shrink, just forms the shape and stays that way when cooled.  Here is the card I made from it:


The "buttons" were die cut from the Art Parts material using PTI's Buttoned Up #1 die, colored with Copic markers, then heat-distorted with a heat gun, then glittered.  It's hard to see the dimension in this straight-on photo, the card actually looks really cool in real life (if I do say so ever so modestly).  The rest of the supplies are as follows:

Stamps (all PTI):  Turning A New Leaf, Healing Touch Sentiments, Background Basics: Gingham.
Card Stock:  White, PTI Spring Moss
Ink:  Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Certainly Celery
Dies (all PTI):  Buttoned Up #1, Turning A New Leaf, Edgers #1
Other:  green embroidery thread, ultrafine glitter, diluted white glue, Crystal Accents

Well, that's all from me--have a nice day!

Cyndie


15 comments:

  1. Ooh this is just lovely Cindie! I only just watched that PTI video on glittered buttons today and I just love how you've done yours, they look great! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow! your button flowers are amazing!! fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your buttons. VERY pretty and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Cyndie...I've missed you and your FABULOUS creations! Glory be girl this is SPECTACULAR! Your artful buttons (I've named them after you ~ hee!) look like tropical flowers; especailly when you see the side shot. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how pretty! Love the gorgeous colors. So creative using the buttons and making them sharkly and dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks really cool in the photo! and the colours look so lovely together. You truly are experimental girl, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyndie your buttons are spectacular! So stinking amazing. So good to see you are back in the saddle again. Love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another comment for you Cyndie, have a peek over at my blog today as there is a little surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've knocked my socks off with this amazing display of our challenge colors! LOVE those buttons you made.

    Thanks a bunch for playing with us at THe PLay DAte Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Cyndie! Love this beautiful card you have created-The color combo is stunning. I wanted to let you know that I have named you as a recipient of the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD. Please hop over to my blog to hear more of the details! Thanks for always being an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After never hearing about modeling film, this is the second time in two hours that I've seen a project with it. Here's the other project: http://layersofink.blogspot.com/2012/02/flower-bottles.html It looks like a really neat medium to work with. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. Love the grouping of flowers you made. They remind me so much of morning glories. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo! I think that I need some of that film, Cyndie! LOVE! And the ones you've added glitter to are just that much more beautiful! What a stunning take on this week's color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Cyndie I knew this was a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color combo and the button/flowers are fab.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!