Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CR84FN49 and Make It Monday #56: Die Cutting Partial Images

 Well hello there!  Today I sat down to create a card for the CR84FN49 color challenge (Yellow, Kraft, Gray) and the PTI Make It Monday challenge #56:  Die Cutting Partial Images, as ably demonstrated by Betsy Veldman.  It also gave me a chance to use my new stamps--finally used up my Christmas PTI gift certificates and I'm glad I waited for the February release:  LOVE the new set Movers & Shakers!  I also ordered the houndstooth background as well as Rosie Posie, so I had a fun time playing today.  Here is the card:


Sorry the photo is so dark, it was the only way I could get the sparkles to show up.  The die I used was from the PTI dies that match Turning A New Leaf;  I did the partial cutting so the leaves would spill on either side of the center panel.  The flowers are from Rosie Posie, stamped in SU So Saffron and enhanced with Dick Blick alcohol markers as well as Sakura Clear Star glitter pen.  The background was created by stamping Background Basics: Houndstooth with Versamark ink on So Saffron card stock then dusting it with PearlEx Sparkle Gold mica powder.  The sentiment and the contrast panel are in SU Close To Cocoa.  I didn't manage to work any grey into the card so I hope it's okay for the challenge!  Just about everything is popped up on different height pop dots.

 Thanks so much for looking!

Cyndie


11 comments:

  1. Love your approach on this one Cyndie. And it uses one of my all time favourite leaf stamps. You have done a great job on the partial diecut and the gold shimmer just sets it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Cyndie! Turning a New Leaf was the first die I ever used hanging over the edge and I think it is a perfect choice for this challenge! Yours is certainly perfect. The colors are equally outstanding. Love the roses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cyndie, you did a great job. Still wondering it I am going to give this a shot or not this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndie i just don't think this could be any prettier. Great design, use of the colors and technique. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! What a great idea. The stem looks embossed as well. I love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leaves sticking out on both sides!! I love seeing all these Rosie Posie cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Cyndie! Those yellow roses are stunning! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, a fab use of the die for this gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, the houndstooth background and the glittery flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!