Friday, March 23, 2012

iCopic #74 Challenge: Flowers



 Hello blog friends!  I've finally returned and am mostly caught up on all the chores that accumulated while I was gone.  It was very gracious of everybody to leave such nice comments on my cards while I was gone--I'm in the process of catching up with you right now!



Here's a card I actually made while I was away at my Mom's--I was showing her how to do Copic coloring (she is VERY enthusiastic!) and brought along this little stamp set from Flourishes ("Humming Along") for the demo.  I love the beautiful detail in the image and it colors up very nicely.  The bird and the flower it is siphoning are popped up on dimensionals.   I used the same greens and pinks/reds for the flower and the bird, which helps unify the composition.  The sentiment is from PTI's Vintage Picnic Sentiments set.  The patterned paper is from The Paper Studio.  Since Copic-colored flowers are featured in this card, I'll submit it for the iCopic #74 ("Flowers") challenge.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


8 comments:

  1. Glad you are back Cyndie and nice to share some relaxing time colouring with your Mum. This is beautifully done and I love the bright greens and reds and a perfect choice of patterned paper as usual.

    FYI - the dies I used on the Easter card are from Spellbinders - Labels ?? something, I have stopped keeping track of the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you Cyndie, glad you are back safely. Beautiful, beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS Cyndie!!! This is one of those moments when my jaw has dropped to the floor girl! LOVE this to pieces. Oh wow there are no words...glorious. I can just hear the hum of this sweet little birds wings, so realistic!

    PS...I forgot to thank you for the SWEET little stamp you sent along with your card. So special. Did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, breathtaking! I love hummingbirds and your coloring is so fantastically realistic! I'm just a beginning Copic trainee, and I'm so glad to have "met" you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, gorgeous colouring on that image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! What a gorgeous card! Fabulous job coloring that beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! great job on your coloring, it is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Cyndie! The hummingbird and flowers look so real! I would love to use Copics so skillfully. Your clean and crisp style always impresses me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!