Saturday, March 31, 2012

JAI 111 and Color Throwdown 185 for Easter

 Greetings all!   I've been kind of missing in action this week--seems like every time I leave town for a week, there is more than a week's worth of catching up to do!  Add to that the lightning storm that apparently blew out some of our internet hardware, and I've been kept hopping.  Speaking of hopping, Easter is nearly upon us and I wanted to make up some goodies to send the folks, so I sat down with my new Waltzingmouse set French Country (love, love, love it!) and some tasty treats, and created these:


And by the way, the colors used were from the Color Throwdown 185 challenge (Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Basic Black), and since this is for Easter I'm also submitting it for the Just Add Ink #111 challenge (Just Add Easter).

Okay, I'll walk you through the items.  First, the card:


I didn't have Lucky Limeade so I used Certainly Celery, which seems close.  The polka dot paper is from Bo Bunny, and the flower stamps are from the WMS French Country set.  I colored them with Copic markers.  The sentiment was created on my computer.  The die cuts were made using Quickutz Nesting Frame 3 set.

Next, the little boxes filled with Jordan almonds that I decorated to look like little chickies (got the idea here):


I made the box from white card stock, stamped and colored with Copics, and inserted a clear window so you could see the little critters.  They are resting on a bed of polyester quilt batting--I hope that helps them weather the journey!

Then, I made some jelly bean Easter bark using this recipe, and packaged them up in clear bags with wide curling ribbon and labels (text was printed on the computer):


Finally, I realize the carrots don't really go with all this cute pink and green, but I wanted to include something at least marginally healthy in the package, so I got some dried apricots and put them in bags that were made in a triangular shape using a heat sealer:


Of course they would look better with cheese puffs or something like that, but oh well...

Well, that's all from me--I had fun putting it all together but with all the stops and starts and interruptions I thought I'd never finish!

See ya (oh, and watch your back tomorrow--April 1!)

Cyndie


13 comments:

  1. All are awesome Cyndie. Love your great Easter emsemble. Fun, fun, fun and oh so pretty. Love those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello~you've been missed! What a delightful display of sweet Easter treats Cyndie...yummy! Love all of the pretty die cuts and your new stamps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have returned to blogging, I miss it when you aren't posting so that I can ooh and aah at how imaginative and detailed you are. This is a wonderful idea but I really like your apricot carrots, not sure what Jordan almonds are but they look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bright colours used in this set. Thanks for joining in with our Easter challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card and all the packaging ROCKS!! Thanks so much for playing along in our Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great set of gifts. someone is very lucky! I love the colors you chose and those quikutz diecuts are amazing! I'm adding those to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crow! You got nothing on Martha Stewart! LOL! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how gorgeous! What a wonderful array of bright, happy, Easter projects Cyndie - love them all! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OM-Gosh all these projects are so fun and cute. Love every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been a busy stamper...your card is gorgeous especially with all the flowers in the background!!! Love all the goodies you wrapped up so pretty, too!! thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally yummy collection of Easter goodies Cyndie, so bright and cheery and beautifully presented. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink and have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great bunch of projects! And I just love how you've decorated the little almonds! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum, yum, yum!!!! and beautiful,too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!