Saturday, March 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party

  Hello everybody!  It's been a while since I participated in a Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz/Party.  And I just received new stamps from WMS but, boo-hoo, don't have time to play with them before I leave town (I'm queueing up this post in advance), so instead I made a St. Patrick's Day card for my husband, from some of my favorite WMS stamps.   I hid the card in the house and will call and tell him where to find it on the 17th.  So, here is the card:


It's a pretty simple card.  I stamped the shamrock image from Celtic Heritage on the back side of the dark green card stock, then used a craft knife with a fresh blade to cut out the shamrocks.  One of the shamrock cutout pieces was treated with lime green and "kaleidoscope" opalescent embossing powder to give it a little kick.  It doesn't show very well but the background paper is Bo Bunny Limeade Dots patterned paper, which I enhanced in the cutout areas with a Clear Star gelly roll pen.  The sentiment, from Irish Blessings, was stamped in Brilliance Moonlight White.  The dark green panel was popped up on pop dots and the corners were rounded.  Here is a closeup:


That's all from me--have a wonderful Party!

Cyndie

Edited to add: apologies, folks, but I will be sure to visit your blogs and catch up with comments when I return to town next week. It's just too hard to do with this iPad and shaky wifi, where I am right now!





20 comments:

  1. Wow, a beautiful zingy creation! Love those cut out shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, this is a great idea- I love that you hid this for your husband to find!! Great card - enjoy your new stamps too when you get back to town x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the negative die cuts, lovely CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great knife skills...
    are you a surgeon?
    I would have never even begun to attempt...
    you don't want to know how many digits could have been missing when I got done?!! :(
    But so fabulous that you hid from hubby...
    and just think of all the fun you're going to have when you return home to new stamps...
    that makes the trip even better!!
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, like how you popped it up ! This is such a pretty sentiment. So sweet that you thought ahead and hid this so your husband will have it while your gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card for your hubby, I am so impressed at your skill with the craft knife. A skill I do not have. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cutouts - can't believe you did that with your craft knife! I think I would have cut of a leaf or two!!! Wonderful design and colors on this Cyndie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card with just right amount of sparklies! I can't believe you cut those shamrocks out with a kraft knife! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have more patience than I have! WOW! Love the cut outs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dimension & details on your card!! I love what you did, it looks awesome. Great card for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous use of negative space - those little shamrocks really leap out at you when you look at this - amazing to think that they're really recessed!! I'm sure this helped your hubby to have a happy day, and hope you had one too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that you used both the postive and negative die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love how you combined both the negative and positive shamrock shapes. These beautiful shades of green really pop on my screen! A great St. Patrick's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful Cyndie! Love the sentiment and all the 4 leaf clovers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautifully clean and simple design! Love the cutout shamrocks and super sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat card! I like the cut out shamrocks - great photo showing off the depth in that side view shot. I love the peek of light green coming through! Great idea and perfect card for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you used the punched shapes! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Seeing your coloring, it makes me very proud that you liked my shamrocks! Some cards you just put your heart and soul into...I have a feeling you know exactly what I mean! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry this is so late, trying to get caught up! Just wanted to say that I love your shamrocks, what a great card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!