Friday, April 27, 2012

Make It Monday 63 and PDCC129

 Hi folks!  Back again with another card.  I know I'm churning them out pretty fast but my supply of get well/thinking of you cards has been seriously depleted (like, rock bottom) and I have an ongoing need for lots of them.  So entering challenges is a way to motivate me to make more cards.  Whatever works, right?  This one is for the PTI Make It Monday #63 Glitter Die Cuts challenge as well as the Play Date Cafe 129 color challenge.



I really like the patterned oval with banner stamp design in PTI's 2012 Birthday Tags set, although I don't own that set, so I recreated the look with separate stamps and dies.  The scalloped oval (Spellbinders) die cut was stamped with PTI's Background Basics: Houndstooth in Stampin Up So Saffron;   the banner was hand cut and stamped with PTI Mega Mixed Messages with SU Not Quite Navy, and the PTI butterfly die was used to cut SU Eggplant Envy (retired) card stock, passed through sticker maker, and glittered with ultrafine "diamond" glitter.  A dark blue thin ribbon was tied in a bow, the tails were glued together, and the bow was adhered to the butterfly to provide antennae.  I also adhered some Jolee's Jewels in sapphire to the body of the butterfly.  The striped patterned paper is from a retired SU stack.

That's all for now, have a nice day!

Cyndie

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Cyndie, I LOVE your glitter butterfly and how you used the ribbon for its body. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, I love the blue ribbon you added to the butterfly. The bow is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the colors as well. Very creative what you did with the ribbon on the butterfly:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty Cyndie, this is sure to perk anyone right up. Your glittery butterfly looks wonderful and mimics the sparkle of the jewelry in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice take on the colours Cyndie. So simple and stylish, and such cheerful colours for a get well card.

    You are indeed very lucky to have all those great craft shops nearby, it would be very dangerous for me. A friend and I were bemoaning the fact that we really need a Michaels or the like, but when we pay at least double the price of items online, it must be hard to stay in business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of the color combo - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHH! So pretty! LOVE that little ribbon banner in the center of the butterfly! FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!