Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PDCC128 and WMSC94

 Well, folks, I'm finally back in the craft room!  Seems like an age since I have made a card.  I particularly wanted to do these two challenges because I LOVE this vivid color combination of the Play Date Cafe's challenge #128, and I LOVE my new Waltzingmouse stamps and look for every opportunity to use them, such as in this week's WMSC94 sketch challenge.  Here is what I came up with:


Gotta love those elegant patterns in the WMS French Country set.  This is a fairly simple card;  I stamped the patterns in Versamark ink on the colored card stock (SU's Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie), then dusted them with PearlEX mica powder (Red Russet for the Rose Red piece, Aztec Gold for the Pumpkin Pie piece).  For a different touch I ran a line of Crystal Effects down the center of the top piece and adhered tiny gold beads.  The rooster from the set was stamped in Versamark on the center panel then dusted with Aztec Gold, and the sentiment (from Stampendous' Orchid Greetings) was overstamped in SU Chocolate Chip.  I hand trimmed the panel after stamping with Pumpkin Pie ink, and popped it up on foam dots.

Oooo, feels good to get back in the groove!

Thanks for stopping by,
Cyndie


8 comments:

  1. Ansolutely stunning Cyndie! I love that stamp set and love what you have done with it. You are always using such great techniques. This card is so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..MY..GOODNESS Cyndie!!! Tracey nailed it...STUNNING! Love the glitz going on here and that rooster standing proud front and center. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is amazing! What a fabulous result you got using that technique - thanks so much for sharing! Wonderful take on the sketch too!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I can SEE the shimmer from the Perfect Pearls, and it's so fantastic with this color scheme and design! Your French Country stamping is just PERFECT! Love all of the images you used together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Cyndie! Great way to showcase the WM French Country images! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY she's back , you were missed. I know your card uses French inspired stamps but it looks very Indian to me - in pattern and colour. I will have to CASE this one for a Fijian Indian friend of mine at work. The simplicity of your design is just perfect for all that vivid colour.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!