Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PTI April Blog Hop and Mojo Monday 238

 Greetings Guys and Gals!  I'm on a roll now!  Today I have an entry for this month's Papertrey Ink April 2012 blog hop, and I used this week's Mojo Monday 238 sketch challenge as my starting point.

I used the PTI sketch as my inspiration to create detailed patterns on various "swatches" of white card stock, using quite a few different stamp sets.  Here is the card:


With the exception of the tiny blue polka dot piece (a piece of scrap patterned paper), all the swatches were created by stamping, using SU ink (Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery) and Copic markers, and distressing the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.  The following stamp sets were used:

Papertrey Ink:
Rosie Posie, Wonderfully Whimsical, Turning A New Leaf, Fancy Flourishes, Flower Fusion #7, Background Basics: Gingham, Mat Stack 2 Collection, Quilter's Sampler.
Waltzingmouse:
Off Beat Backgrounds

The 1 1/4" swatches were adhered to PTI Spring Rain card stock in a slightly random pattern (figured I'd never get them to line up perfectly straight) then stitched down with a zigzag pattern.  The sentiment is from the Quilter's Sampler set;  to get it to fit on the oval I had to stamp the Mothers separately from the rest of the lines.  The fluffy pompom ribbon was given to me by my friend Lisa (thanks Lisa!)--I think it gives a warm and fuzzy feel to the card.

That's it from me--have a great time hopping around!

Cyndie


23 comments:

  1. STELLAR card Cyndie! I thought the squares were all paper until I read your post. Love your stamped swatches and the hap hazard placement. The tiny pom pom trim looks delightful framing your sentiment. Really an exceptional job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful Cyndie. I looks just like a quilt. The stitching is such a perfect touch to this card. You have been a busy girl since coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I'm a fabric 'collector' and quilter, I love all of your stamped 'fabric' swatches .... perfect for the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome take on the patchwork idea! i love it! And the sentiment is just so exactingly apt for the quiltwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the soft colours and all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea for someone who loves to quilt. Love the patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the patch work card. great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is perfect! I love all the stitched stamped squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card- amazing sewn detail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looks like a little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the beautifully stamped squares and the quilt like feel to your card! Gorgeous sewing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Cyndie! Love all of the patterns you created and stitched together. A wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks so much for your sweet encouragement on my blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, clever card. Love the patchwork quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun is this...I love how you created the quilt. Love that is that all squared away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great card. I especially like the oval frame with the pom pom trim.

      Delete
  15. I love that you stamped all the patches, very nicely done. Beautiful card for a mother, Cyndie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Cyndie, I just assumed all your squares were patterned paper when I saw your card. How cool that you MADE them all. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card - simple and beautiful and just oh so...TRUE! hahaha!
    I have a real soft spot for quilt cards, because that's another passion (that's on hold!) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card.
    Lou X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Love the colors. The patchwork is beautiful. Love how you tilted the squares. A perfect Mother's Day Card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so sweet! From all the cute stamped patches, to the sentiment, to the adorable trim ... I can't get over how cute this card is!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!