Thursday, April 26, 2012

Simon Says Anything Goes, and CardPatterns 162

 Hi folks!  I recently scored a REALLY GOOD DEAL on a stamp set -- Orchid Greetings by Stampendous -- at my local big box craft store:  only $3!!!  I think it was normally $15 or something.  This is a gorgeous set and it has some wonderful script style greetings in it, just perfect for my needs.  So I HAD to use it on these challenges:  CardPatterns 162 sketch challenge, and Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes challenge.  Here is the card:


No color challenges here--sometimes you just wanna do your own thing, ya know?  I don't know if orchids really come in these colors, I just liked them in these colors (Copic markers).  The seam binding was dyed to match, and the background is from DCWV's Safari Chic stack.  The whole panel is popped up on foam dots for a little dimension.

That's all for today, thanks for checking in!

Cyndie


5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic stamp set, a great deal and a totally amazing card Cyndie. I love the colours that you chose for this and the awesome dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love a good deal! The leaves and stems on these pretty orchids are SO realistic. Love the pretty earthy colors Cyndie, wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I hope orchids come in these colours, I want one. Your colouring is brilliant as always, as is your colour choice. Oh, for a decent craft store of any kind, to waste time in. Here it seems they just can't stay in business, I think competing with the online market is just too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cyndie!! Your card is beautiful, and I love your colouring, the orchids look stunning. You are so talented! Thank you for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your comments. Have a marvellous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful bright card! Lovin the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!