Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ColourQ 138 and Mojo Monday 243

 Good morning everybody!  Here is a card I needed to make for a friend's recent retirement from teaching.  Tried to make it masculine for him, and the bright colors of ColourQ 138 and the layout of Mojo Monday 243 helped:



I found this bright paper in my gigantic K & Co. stack, and enough of it to make a matching envelope.  The round motif was cut from PTI Aqua Mist using Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Stars Five dies, stamped with Waltzingmouse's Say It Loud, and popped up on pop dots.  The solid cardstock banner and border are made from SU's More Mustard and Cranberry Crisp.  The vertical border was stamped with the little star from Waltzingmouse's Sewing Box Hugs set, using Versamark ink, then embossed with mustard colored embossing powder.  I added a brass star brad to show through the star-shaped hole.

That's it from me today--thanks for looking!

Cyndie



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Cyndie, I love the scalloped circle with the star punched out of it--fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love digging through your papers to find just the right one! My favorite part of this fun card is your star cut out with the tiny gold star peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! it is loud. but I love how you have combined the colours of the challenge. My favourite? the star cutout - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cyndie

    thanks for entering the Soimon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie, your star cutout is super!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!