Friday, May 25, 2012

MIM #67 and DD#3

 Well folks, I'm back in town and trying to catch up on things.  But I really, really wanted to participate in some of these wonderful challenges that have cropped up!  Sadly, I have just missed the Dynamic Duos challenge #3 but I loved that color combination so I created this card with the color combo in mind.  Also, I tried to combine patterns as demonstrated by Betsy Veldman in this week's Make It Monday, so I'll submit the card for that challenge as well.  Here is the card:


I didn't have patterned papers in all of the colors I needed, so I created my own.  The rose (from Year Of Flowers: Rose) was stamped on Bo Bunny polka dot paper and trimmed out.  The background is dry embossed black cardstock, with a panel of black-on-white Background Basics: Houndstooth stamped on white cs.  The next panel was created by smearing glossy cardstock with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink, stamping in Versamark with the hexagon pattern from Rosie Posie, clear embossing, then smearing the panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Center dots of Enamel Accents in black were added.  Finally, the sentiment (from Vintage Picnic) was stamped on a white panel and trimmed with Spellbinders Labels 18 dies, antiqued, and popped up on a panel consisting of white card stock, black cotton lace, and yellow popcorn yarn.  I tried to make the card consistent with the principles of small, medium, and large patterns as shown in Betsy's video, but I'm not too sure about the lace.  I'm inclined to think the card would be better without it.  Hmmmmmmm....

Anyway, have a wonderful rest of the holiday weekend!

Cyndie


3 comments:

  1. Who would think that flowers look so good on black, but they do! Love all the layers in your card, Cyndie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh be still my little heart Cyndie...a perfectly pretty polka dot rose!! I for one think the black lace gives your card a touch of elegance. And the popcorn yarn is just FUN ~ lovely card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous card Cyndie. I love all the design details and the texture and the hexagon treatment is so stinking amazing! You are a true artist Cyndie.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!