Wednesday, June 27, 2012

CleanAndSimple 196 and Dynamic Duos 8

 Hello friends!  I didn't think I was going to be able to do a Dynamic Duos card this week since I don't happen to have any River Rock and none of my Copics match it.  But, lo and behold, I managed to turn up something, using the sketch from CleanAndSimpleStamping 196:


I made some custom postage stamps using an unmounted rubber postage outline stamp I've had for years (no idea who made it!) and a butterfly from PTI's Butterfly Dreams.  The stamping is in SU Always Artichoke, the interior of the stamp was masked off and distressed with Antique Linen Distress ink (which looks very much like River Rock on this Very Vanilla card stock), and the butterflies were touched up with Sakura glitter pen.  Then each stamp was trimmed with postage-edge scissors, mounted on Always Artichoke card stock and placed on a piece of patterned paper from DCWV's Safari Chic stack--I thought that looked like River Rock as well.  The sentiment strip was also trimmed with the stamp scissors and matted.  The diamond shape buttons are vintage mother of pearl, given to me by my mother.  But she is getting the card back, so it's all good.  The sentiment came from a Hero Arts sentiment set (doesn't seem to have a name, but I highly recommend the set--there are some very nice sentiments in it).

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



9 comments:

  1. I think you nailed the colours Cyndie! Your postage stamps are simply fabulous and OH MY WORD those diamond buttons...LOVE!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding this is incredible Cyndie, every element of your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interpretation of the sketch! That one would have had me scratching my head for a very long time. I love the papers and your very own Cyndie stamps, much more lovely than some of the ones we get here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the theme of your card and the postage stamps look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, to think you thought you could not pull off the color duo.....you totally rocked the challenge! Love your card! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. The maps and postage stamps go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Custom postage stamps? Gorgeous! I love the soft shades of green. So cool and soothing as the temps soar outside. thanks for your comments today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card, Cyndie! You created the perfect postage stamp!! Love the way you lined them up and added a pretty banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cyndie! This card is SO deep and dynamic. For using such limited colors, you've sure created something amazing. I love the stamps and how it all came together with such a cool effect.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello, and for your sweet and encouraging comments. I'd LOVE to have you as a new follower, and would enjoy following your blog as well. I enjoy making new blog friends and gaining inspiration from talented crafters. I hope you will stop back!

    I also have a challenge blog where I would just LOVE to have you play along. It's called Word Art Wednesday, and your uplifting beautiful art would be such a blessing to us in our challenges. You're welcome to enter this card, or any of your work. It's all beautiful, and we'd be so blessed to have you join us. I look forward to seeing more of your dynamic and beautiful work. Have a blessed week, and I look forward to your visits at both.

    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!