Sunday, June 10, 2012

JustRite 074--Woodburned Vintage Masculine

Hey, hey folks!  Back with an entry for the current JustRite challenge JRC074:  Vintage masculine cards.  I don't have any of the really beautiful new masculine stamp sets currently offered by JustRite, so I made do with what I have.  To give it a masculine touch I used my woodburning tool:


The frame motif from the Applique set was stamped on walnut veneer, woodburned with a fine tip woodburning iron, and colored in with a Copic marker.  The "DAD" was stamped using JustRite's Times New Roman 95 pt font, on walnut veneer, and woodburned.  The background piece of lighter wood veneer (not sure what type of wood it is, came in a kit) was stamped with the leaf motif from the Botanical Butterflies set, using SU Old Olive craft ink, then heat set.  The leaf was also stamped on seam tape that was dyed with Copic markers.  After drying, all the wood pieces were treated to a coat of shellac to deepen the wood tones.  The whole thing was mounted on layers of dimensionals, on SU Certainly Celery card stock, and finished with mini brads.

Here is a closeup of the center motif:



Hope my Dad likes it!  We will see...

Thanks for stopping by!

Cyndie

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cyndie...this is something my late FIL would have loved! He had a collection of big old belt buckles, you know with cowboys and such. This reminds me of those! Another of your jaw dropping works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Father`s Day card, so rustic. Your dad will love it and especially because it is from you. You are so crafty talented Cyndie, a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woodburning was an ingenious idea for a masculine card -- LOVE that! Sure your Dad will love it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love stamping and coloring on wood veneer. The green with the wood on your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--this is so cool. I've never seen a card done this way--great idea, and great result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is VERY COOL! I never would've thought of that technique?? Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific masculine card Cyndie! Love how you incorporated wood!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!