Friday, June 22, 2012

Make It Monday 71, Stampin Royalty 129, and Less Is More 72

 Greetings friends!  I'm finally back in town--can't believe it's been 11 days since I posted my last card.  Trying to make up for lost time here, but I'm not entirely happy with the result.  I started with PTI's Make It Monday 71 challenge (Bordered Sentiments) using the colors of Stampin Royalty 129, and because this is a one-layer card on glossy card stock, I think it also fits the Less Is More 72 challenge (Something Shiny).


Instead of creating straight lines for my bordered sentiment, I decided to do a die cut shape.  This is the die that goes with the Mat Stack 2 Collections set, but I actually hand cut the mask after tracing the shape on the glossy card stock, as the die cut would have been too small.  After masking the traced shape, the flourishes (from Fancy Flourishes) were stamped with Versamark ink then dried with a heat gun.  Then the whole surface (except the masked part) was treated to Ranger Distress Ink (Faded Jeans, which is close to Island Indigo).  After removing the mask, the side embellishments (from Mat Stack 2 Collections) were stamped in Wild Honey distress ink, and the sentiment (from Birthday Sentiments by My Sentiments Exactly--couldn't find a PTI sentiment that fit the space) was stamped in Faded Jeans.  The leaves (from Simple Sunflowers) were stamped in Old Olive.  The tiny flower was a white one, colored with Copics (the color doesn't look very much like Pool Party in this photo--better in real life), and a Jolee's Jewel colored with a Copic was added to the center.  

That's all I have for today--thanks for looking!

Cyndie



5 comments:

  1. Pretty card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Cyndie! Looks like your making up for lost time with a three for one here!! The more I see this PTI mat stack the more I want it ~ you always make it look so good. And those flourishes are so pretty. Great card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Very pretty card. I love those flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vibrant card
    Love your blog header!
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Cyndie, we missed you. What a card to start with, I love those flourishes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!