Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Play Date Cafe #137


 Hello people!  Here's a quick card that I hope I'm not too late to enter into the Play Date Cafe #137 challenge (black & white with a splash of blue).  That color combo called out to me when I first saw it and I knew I just had to try it.  Here is the card:


I'm using all Waltzingmouse stamps on this card:  Say It Loud (sentiment) and Dainty Doilies 2.  The two doily motifs were stamped at the top and bottom of the card and embossed with black detail embossing powder, then colored in with a Copic marker.  Two sizes of black pearls (Recollections) were added.  The sentiment was stamped in white craft ink on SU Brilliant Blue card stock, then embossed with white embossing powder.  The top and bottom edges of the panel are covered with a length of black sequin ribbon, just for a splash of shine (which unfortunately doesn't show in this photo).

Okay, gotta go and link it up before it's too late!  Thanks for stopping by--

Cyndie



8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Cyndie. I love your stamping so much. I need to get on the Waltzingmouse band wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Love how you interpreted the challenge. That doily looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeek look at your perfect coloring in those teeny doily parts!!!!! Love the pearls and sequins Cyndie, fabulous card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful doilies! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cyndie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! I just found your Pinterest board also!! hope you don't mind that I repinned some of your awesome WMS stuff!!! hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA guess who has found you - the mouse mistress herself!! Your cards really do have impact. I desperately wamted to have a crack at this challenge but it wasn't to be, but what you have done with it is amazing. Another one for the inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!