Monday, June 25, 2012

PTI June Blog Hop and MIM 72

 Hi folks!  I held off making a card for this month's PTI June blog hop until seeing today's Make It Monday video, in case I could combine the two challenges.  I'm glad I did!  Using the colors of the blog hop inspiration photo, I made embellishments for this card, a la Dawn McVey:


The supplies I used came mostly from PTI:  Text Style 2009 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart card stock, Edgers #1 die, Turning A New Leaf die, Flower Fusion #7 stamps & die, and Movers & Shakers Sentiments stamps.  Other supplies used were SU inks (Garden Green, Black), K & Co Ancestry patterned paper, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Squares die, QuicKutz border die, Jolee's Jewels, and yellow ribbon.  Many of the elements are popped up on dots.  The die cuts from the Turning A New Leaf die were trimmed down to individual leaves and layered behind the flower die cut.

Well, that's it from me--have a fun rest of the blog hop!

Cyndie



14 comments:

  1. Cyndie your card is stunning. I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC sentiment, love it! Your card turned out so pretty Cyndie. I was a bit of a lazy bones on this hop, couldn't bring myself to hop in !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have the sentiment on a diamond shape! Great card, Cyndie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you turned the limitless layers square die into a diamond! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and I love what you did with the thin yellow ribbon. The sentiment looks great on the new square die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and beautiful. Great idea to wait until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment you used!-Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card - I like the polka dot leaves behind the flower and the ribbon. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Cyndie, this is remarkable! The green on the patterned paper works so beautifully with the green of the flower, who would have thought! Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Cyndi! Very striking card~ beautiful sentiment and so well framed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card ~ great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your PTI card is just beautiful. I love everything PTI, and your card is really lovely. Thanks for sharing it and inspiring me to make a project.
    I have some blog candy, and would love to have you visit.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!