Monday, June 4, 2012

Waltzingmouse 100 and ColourQ 139

 Hi everybody!  I've been kind of MIA lately--still catching up from my last trip and getting ready for my next one (next week).  Sigh...  Anyway, much excitement in the challenge world lately--Waltzingmouse stamps is celebrating their 100th sketch challenge with extra cool prizes, so of course I had to play.  And I used the colors from the ColourQ 139 challenge with the sketch--I'm fairly happy with how it turned out:


Not overly dressy and it has all the basic elements.  The WMS sets used were Say It Loud and French Country.  I didn't have all the required colors for the color challenge so I substituted similar ones:  SU Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Purely Pomegranate.  I colored the seam tape with a Dick Blick wine marker, and also colored the hand-cut mat with the same marker so it would match.  The seam tape was stamped with the background pattern from French Country using craft Night Of Navy, and heat set.  Spellbinders Labels 18 die was used for the panel, and the rooster was hand-trimmed.  I made a little boo-boo along the top edge so I covered it with navy ribbon (maybe I shouldn't admit that...), and I used some of my vintage mini ric rack along the bottom of the seam tape.

That's all I have for now.  Have a nice day!

Cyndie



10 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch challenge, as well as the color challenge. I adore that french country set, and how fun is that rooster in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch, that little rooster is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Repeat after me...there are no mistakes in stamping~you can always stick a dodad over it ;) Love what you've done with the sketch Cyndie and your hand cut rooster is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card and the Waltzing Mouse Stamp set! I've liked every project I've seen where it is used. I am a fan of the country french style. Every detail complements the next. Your little booboo led to a wonderful little embellishment! Great job-I may have to order this set after all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamping and the bit of ric rack to make your own fancy ribbon, Cyndie! The blue really pops with that peachy background. And I am immediately a fan of any card with Mr. Rooster! So cheery!! Happy 100th sketch! So glad that you could play along this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you fussy cut the rooster so perfectly...
    I don't even attempt...
    is that bad?
    But I did fail scissor cutting so I should be excused! :)
    Fabulous card!!
    Love the border...
    and your ribbon treatment is fantastic!
    So glad you could join us for our celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fresh clean and simple, love the bold sentiment stamp! Love the stamped ribbon and perfectly cut out rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your birthday card for the 100th sketch! Clean and simple and perfectly stated! Glad to see you playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Cyndie, particularly the Bashful blue centrepiece. It really stands out. Nicely cut rooster too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! love the stamping on the ribbon . Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge of Waltzing mouse..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!