Thursday, June 7, 2012

WMSC100 again

 Hello all!  I needed a housewarming card for a friend who just moved in to a new house, and the house stamp in Waltzingmouse's Irish Blessings is perfect for this use.  So I decided to create a second entry for the WMSC100 challenge:


I've done this technique before:  the colors in the image are created entirely from embossing powder.  I have a kit of embossing powders that I use, from Stampendous;  the colors in the kit are chosen with this type of image in mind.  The method is:  stamp the image on card stock, cover the entire image and background with Versamark ink, and carefully dust the embossing powder in various parts of the image.  Emboss (I did it in the oven to avoid blowing powder around), then re-stamp the image with Stazon black on top of the embossing.  The overall effect is that of enameled tile.  The frame was die cut using Spellbinders deckled rectangles then embossed with the braid image and mustard colored embossing powder.  The braid image was also used on the background panel (PTI's Terracotta Tile).  A piece of gold satin ribbon was placed between the braids.  Some thin braided ribbon was colored with Copics and adhered across the front of the card.  The sentiment is from Sewing Box Hugs.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



10 comments:

  1. GET OUT! What a fabulous little piece of art Cyndie ~ looks like an expensive decorative tile. Your friend is a lucky one to receive this detailed card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly cool. I've never heard of this technique, and it is just stunning. Good luck to your friend in her new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what a wonderful job you have done with embossing powder...amazing. The depth that your powder have given this image is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding? This is gorgeous Cyndie, your crafty talent amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that embossing is incredible! I totally thought it was painted on canvas or something! I just love the frame image in gold. Beautiful vibrant colors, your friend will treasure this (and marvel at how it was created)! Happy 100th sketch! So glad that you could play along this week :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is really taking a card to another level. The coloured image is amazing, such rich colours, the green so typical of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness!!
    It DOES look like a tile...
    and a gorgeous one at that!!
    LOVE this technique! :)
    Your friend will marvel and treasure this one for sure...
    just gorgeous!
    So glad you got another chance to play along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat technique! I definately have to give it a try. I love how your image turned out. Reminds me of an impressionist painting. The cottage looks like an image from a book - sort of a dream like quality to it! Very original and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW that embossed coloring looks great!!. Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge of Waltzing mouse..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Cyndie, I didn't see this the last time I was here, it's gorgeous! What a neat technique. I love the shine and texture. It reminds me of an antique enameled box lid I saw years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!