Monday, July 2, 2012

Dynamic Duos 9 and CleanAndSimpleStamping 197

 Greetings folks!  Here is another "feel better" card from me (I'm getting to be an expert I think), this time using the sketch from CleanAndSimpleStamping 197 and the colors of Dynamic Duo 9.



I chose a teal color for my second shade.  I don't actually own any Crumb Cake in my stash, so I made do with the caramel color in the patterned paper, and the Frayed Burlap distress ink on the center panel.  The patterned paper came from K & Co (TC Travel).  Before distressing, the white card stock was cut with a Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles - LG die;  after distressing it was matted with Taken With Teal card stock.  The sentiment came from PTI's Healing Touch Sentiments set.  The nautical embellishments were made using my computerized cutter (Roland GX-24), using cut files that came on a CD with the cutter--I just resized them smaller and colored the cut pieces with Broken China distress ink.  After the ink dried I game them a coat of Glossy Accents to give them dimension.  I guess this is not really in the spirit of CAS since it took a while to do it.  But I like the finished result.

Thanks for dropping in, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



8 comments:

  1. LOVE this nautical themed card Cyndie! Your distress map looks wonderful and these computer generated images look like they're made from precious metals! FUN ~ thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. It is THE perfect masculine get well or encouragement card. I think those things are so hard to do well for the men in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shading on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness I completely missed this one. A brilliant choice of second colour - teal and kraft, will definitely give this a go - when I have a bit more spare time. I have time with my daughter again tomorrow before she heads back to school next week, but she has been watching Tim Holtz videos and really wants to have a play with distress stains - who am I to complain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos with your fab masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cyndie! Love the nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyndie how did I miss this? I love the map background paper and the blue is perfect. It is so authentic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!