Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Make It Monday 73 and CR84FN 57

 Hello all!  Yet another "thinking of you" type card from me--boy am I glad I bought PTI's Healing Touch Sentiments set, I'm really getting a lot of mileage out of it.  I did this one for the Make It Monday 73 challenge (stamping on patterned paper) and the CR84FN57 challenge (bright pink, tan and neutral).


The patterned paper used for the rose (from PTI's Year Of Flowers: Rose set) is from the 2009 Text Style Bitty Dot Basics collection, and the background tan paper is from DCWV's Linen Closet stack.  The leaves (from PTI's Turning A New Leaf) were stamped in Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I shaded the flower with Copic markers, and added a touch to the leaves with a Sakura Clear Star glitter pen.  And yes, Lisa, I finally tracked down that lace at my local HL--thanks for the tip!  Tiny pearls finish the card.

Thanks for checking it out--have a nice day (we are still in the 100s here for the 6th day in a row--whew!)

Cyndie


19 comments:

  1. Cyndie you card is so pretty. I think that flowers is just beautiful and the lace is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rose stamped on the dotted paper is just beautiful Cyndie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautful Cyndie! Love the patterned paper with a touch of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty. I was thinking of stamping one of my flowers on patterned paper and cutting it out for the challenge. Now, I know how beautiful it will look--I just have to decide if I am up for all that fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love your rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cyndie! Your cardis beautiful! That big blossom looks AMAZING! thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyndie, this card is just GORGEOUS! LOVE how you stamped that rose on the dot paper and then shaded it! FABULOUS! LOVE the background paper you used! And that HL lace is on so many of my cards! LOL! It's a true treasure! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUSNESS...is that a polka dot rose I see!!! Cyndie this is just a delight and gives me a big smile. So happy you found the lace. I have about 6" left, time for a Hobby Lobby run! Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Cyndie! The rose is so striking in pink against the neutral background. This one is definitely going in my inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job. Your rose comes to life on the card base.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is AMAZING! The rose really pops off of the neutral! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love your paper pieced flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie! Love this Cyndie! Such a Beautiful polkadot rose! Love the stamped BG and Pretty Lace too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful Cyndie! I love that beautiful big rose, simply stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! I can see why! Your card is gorgeous! Love the polka dot rose and how you shaded it with the Copic markers! I need to find me some of that lace, too!HL anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! the rose is a stunner on the polka dot paper against the soft patterned background. Beautifully done. :) I like the lace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your win with this beauty Cyndie! A polka dot rose is sure a winner in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!